When is it required?
Which documents is the sworn translation essential for?
- Judgments, extracts from the Criminal Records, judicial deeds, claim forms to be served abroad;
- Judgments for International adoptions;
- Perusals at the Chamber of Commerce, Articles of Association, Balance Sheets, Current Account Statements, tender documentation;
- Deeds from the Civil Statistics Office or “Ufficio di Stato Civile” (Birth, Marriage and Death Certificates, of Separation, of Divorce, etc.);
- Contracts of employment, sale, leasing, mortgage loan, guarantees, payrolls, etc..;
- Wills and successions to the estate of a deceased person;
- Special powers of attorney to confer some assignments on a given person abroad (this is the usual procedure: A) A prototype power of attorney in a foreign language arrives from a Notary Public from abroad; B) a first draft translation into Italian is done and shall serve as a guideline for the Italian Notary Public to draw up the Italian deed, completed by the Notary Public with his own heading and final part and whose body will be the translation of the received prototype mentioned above; C) the translator shall translate again the whole deed into the required foreign language);
- Passports or visas, certificates of residence;
- Academic qualifications such as Degree Certificates, Diplomas, Secondary-School Leaving Certificates, Attendance Reports, Reports on Vocational Training, on work experiences, on apprenticeship;
- Driving licences;
- Medical certificates (only when they are typed), medical findings
- Official statements (Affidavits, etc..)
- Sundry documents, texts, certificates.
WARNING! IN ORDER TO AVOID ANY MISTAKES, WE ASK THE CONCERNED PARTY IF HE CAN KINDLY TYPE THE ORIGINAL, HANDWRITTEN DOCUMENTS.
Since we cannot take any responsibility in copying down names or other data in a wrong way, we ask the concerned party if he does type the text for us; since he is well aware of any name of people or places quoted, he is far more likely than any translator to be able to work out most of the ambiguous points, or of spots which can be hardly read!
ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS WITH CHARACTER SETS OTHER THAN THE LATIN ALPHABET.
Even when the translator has to transliterate in Latin characters, the concerned party shall bring us his own ID document and his passport, so that we might type his first name and surname with the correct spelling.